GCC COVID-19 Policy
The Granite Curling Club is striving to make this season as normal as possible with no planned modifications to gameplay or leagues. To make it through this season safely, without the need for additional restrictions, we need everyone to be responsible and adhere to these guidelines. If risk levels become higher locally or we have evidence that these precautions are not sufficient, the Board will take whatever steps necessary to allow the club to operate safely. This includes the reinstatement of previous GCC COVID-19 policies.
- King County Masking Guidance (https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/current-guidance/masks.aspx)
- King County COVID-19 Metrics (https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/current-metrics.aspx)
- CDC COVID-19 site (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html)
- CDC Isolation and Quarantine Guidance (https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guida...)
- If you are sick or are in close contact to a known positive COVID case, stay home and get tested.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19, you must not enter the club until all of the following have been met consistent with CDC’s shortened isolation period recommendation:
- 5 full days have passed. Day 0 is your first day of symptoms or a positive viral test. Day 1 is the first full day after your symptoms developed or your test specimen was collected.
- 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and
- other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving
- Members - All GCC members over the age 12 must indicate their vaccination status to GCC at time of initial registration for the season.
- All other individuals – members under the age 12 and individuals who are not GCC members (ie, guests) are not required to indicate their vaccination status to GCC.
- Masks are recommended, not required, for all members and guests regardless of vaccination status.
- Disposable masks will be available for a $1 suggested donation at the front desk for those that forgot their personal mask.
- Any member or guest testing positive should notify the club immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can notify other members of the dates and times when you were at the club recently.
- Names will not be released unless explicitly permitted by the person testing positive.
Group Events / Special Events
Additional protocols unique to a specific event could be created that will either meet or exceed our minimum guidelines. In no instance will GCC’s overall protocols be loosened to accommodate an event.
Board Members and any event staff will be responsible for enforcing this policy as detailed above.