GCC COVID-19 Policy
Review Scheduled 10/20/2021
The Granite Curling Club is striving to make this season as normal as possible with no planned modifications to gameplay or leagues. To make it through this season safely, without the need for additional restrictions, we need everyone to be responsible and adhere to these guidelines. If risk levels become higher locally or we have evidence that these precautions are not sufficient, the Board will take whatever steps necessary to allow the club to operate safely.
- If you are sick or are a close contact to a known positive COVID case, stay home and get tested.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19, you must not enter the club until 10 days have passed and you have a negative COVID-19 PCR test.
- If you are uncomfortable with handshakes, you can bump fists, "chicken wing", tip your cap, or wave from afar.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at several locations around the building.
- All those over age 12 must be vaccinated and attest to their vaccination status. Exceptions will be made for medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
- All guests over age 12 must be vaccinated without exception, and attest to this fact at sign in.
- Learn To Curl / Group Events / Bonspiels / Playdowns
- All GCC members, guests, and visitors over age 12 must be vaccinated except in cases of medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
- This applies to event participants, volunteers, and any staff.
- Proof of vaccination status must be presented on-site, prior to or on the first day of the event. Actual cards, photos of cards, and state-provided electronic records (https://myirmobile.com/washington-sign-in/) are acceptable. Vaccine records must match provided ID.
- In the case of an exemption, the negative results of a PCR COVID test received within the past 48 hours must be presented.
- Medical and Religious Exemption
- Requests for medical or religious exemptions may require additional details and/or documentation.
- Masks must be worn at all times within the club.
- Masks may be removed briefly to bite or sip but must stay on at all other times.
- Masks must be purpose-built masks without a vent OR a doubled gaiter and must cover nose and mouth completely.
- Disposable masks will be available for a $1 suggested donation at the front desk for those that forgot their personal mask.
- All members and guests are required to sign-in upon each visit to the club.
- GCC members will indicate their name and email upon signing in.
- Guests will indicate their name, email, and vaccination status upon signing in.
- All information will be retained solely for contact tracing and will not be used for other purposes, such as marketing.
- Any member or guest testing positive should notify the club immediately by emailing email@example.com so we can notify other members of the dates and times when you were at the club recently. Names will not be released unless explicitly permitted by the person testing positive.
- Notices about any positive case will be sent to all current members of the club.
- Guests who were at the club on impacted dates will be notified as well. Notification will be sent to the contact information indicated on the sign-in sheet.
- Junior League
- Members unaffiliated with the Friday Junior league are asked to avoid the club between 4:00pm and 6:15pm on Friday.
- If both parents of a curler in this league are unvaccinated and therefore cannot meet the volunteer requirements a donation of $100 can be made in lieu of volunteering.
- Volunteers and staff must provide proof of vaccination status.
- Other leagues
- League-managed meals are suspended until further notice. League members are able to bring their own food and snacks. This will be reviewed periodically through the season.
Group Events / Special Events
- Additional protocols unique to a specific event could be created that will either meet or exceed our minimum guidelines. In no instance will GCC’s overall protocols be loosened to accommodate an event.
On-ice wipes will be provided for players to wipe down rocks if they choose.
- UV-C & Ionizers on cold side
- Ionizers in warm side furnace
Board Members, League Managers, Practice Ice Hosts, Event Staff will be responsible for enforcing this policy.