If you’ve read through the information on the site and are ready to join the Granite Curling Club, there’s some information below regarding membership levels you should familiarize yourself with.
If you haven’t yet decided, here are a few more reasons to help your decision making process…
The benefits of membership are numerous. Some of the key things being:
- Curling is good physical exercise. Try sweeping for 2 hours straight. Good cardio and upper body work.
- Challenge yourself with mastering a new skill. After all, curling is referred to as chess on ice.
- There are many opportunities for competition and travel in the U.S. and abroad for bonspiels.
- It offers social activities throughout the year. Well, as long as there’s ice to play on.
- The GCC is a great place to meet new friends and keep in touch with old acquaintances.
- It has a private bar where you can relax and entertain friends. Plus the prices are very reasonable.
- It gives opportunities to participate in team efforts both on and off the ice.
- It offers the chance to represent the club and state of Washington at national, world, and Olympic Championships.
There are six types of membership levels at the Granite Curling Club and many ways to participate.
|General||Full use of the club facilities, entitled to vote on club matters, and unlimited curling privileges.|
|Novice||Limited to 1st and 2nd year curlers, with a discount on membership and first league fees. Novice members have all the privileges of a General member.|
|Junior U21||Must be less than 21 years of age prior to July 1st, with a discount on membership fees. Junior U21 members have all the privileges of a General member except the use of the bar and voting on club matters.|
|Junior U16||Must be less than 16 years of age prior to July 1st, with a discount on membership fees. Junior U16 members have all the privileges of a General member except the use of the bar and voting on club matters. Junior U16 members are automatically enrolled in the Friday Juniors league.|
|Social||Social members have all the privileges of a General member except actually curling.|
|Lifetime||The GCC Board selects members for this category from long-time members with a history of service to the club. Lifetime members have all the privileges of General members.|
See Current Leagues for descriptions of all leagues!
Registration and Waiver Forms
Online registration opens on 8/28/17 for Returning Members and 9/9/17 for New Members. In the meantime, make sure you have a GCC account.
If you have been a member since 2012, you should already have an account. If you've never used your account, your user name is "first last" - go to request password and enter either your user name or email to get an email to set your password. If you can't find your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you've never been a member, please apply for an account. It may take up to two days for us to approve your account.