The Knock the Dust Off spiel was designed as a direct result of our 2019 curling research project. Here is what we heard:
• Finding bonspiel team members is challenging for new and experienced curlers, so we're doing individual sign-up.
• You'd like to know when you'll curl, so most of the weekend will be pool play, i.e. you'll know ahead of time the time of all your Friday and Saturday games.
• Bonspiels are expensive, so we're offering this spiel for only $50 a person (with advance payment) which is $20 less than traditional 3-day spiels.
• People want to play with their friends, so you can request a friend or two to play with.
• Everybody should have a chance in fun spiels, so the spiel coordinators will do our best to create balanced teams.
• You want to meet lots of people, so you'll be playing at least six opponents (instead of the usual three).
Here are some details:
• Individual sign ups. Bonspiel coordinators will form balanced teams from the participant pool. You will receive a participant information survey to give us the information we need to form up teams
• Spiel Cost: $50 a person if payed before October 19th. After October 19th, the price increases to $70 a person
• Games: 4 end games with 6 games guaranteed
• Competition format: Pool play for 5 games, then 4-team brackets in 8 divisions
• Food: Lunch, dinner and snacks provided. To keep costs down it won’t be Sous Vide Prime Rib like the Holiday spiel, but it will be tasty; wear your stretchy pants.
• Bar: Cash bar staffed by club volunteers
Sign-ups are available now. GO DO IT! We only have room for 128 of ya’ll. https://curlingseattle.org/bonspiels?event=201925Under&disp=teams
-=Knock the Dust Off Committee=-