The end of summer is soon approaching, and we're pleased to announce that league registration for the 2016-2017 curling season is now open!
To register, log in to your account at curlingseattle.org and follow the link to online registration. If you’ve never logged in or don’t know your password, go to http://curlingseattle.org/user/password and follow the instructions. We encourage you to help us keep our costs down by registering online, but paper registration forms are still available here.
The Priority Registration Deadline is 11:59pm on September 10, 2016.
You must register and pay by the Priority Registration Deadline to ensure best access to your desired leagues.
Details on our league registration priority can be found in our League Over-Subscription Policy. Any paper registration forms must be received (not postmarked) by the Priority Registration Deadline to guarantee priority.
League changes for this season
- Due to overwhelming demand last season, we have added a second Mixed Doubles league this season on Wednesday evening at 5:00pm, in addition to our competitive league Thursday at 5:30pm. Additionally, both of our Mixed Doubles leagues will now be full-season leagues. The Wednesday league will be a less competitive league for those who still want to try Mixed Doubles. You may also sign up as an individual and the league manager will help pair you with another member.
- Sunday Novice league is still a free add-on for any member. This league will focus on instruction, drills, and short games to hone the curling fundamentals of our newer or less-experienced members. It only will occur on certain Sundays at noon, but watch also for details about a new open Skills Clinic tailored more for our intermediate-level curlers as well throughout the season.
- Slight changes to the Sunday league schedule. Sunday Open will now start at 3:00pm and 5:00pm, and Sunday Mixed will move an hour earlier with draws at 5:00pm and 7:00pm. The 5:00pm draw will be shared between the two leagues as necessary based on the number of teams registered.
For any questions about leagues, please contact April Gale-Seixeiro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pricing changes for this season
As announced at the Annual General Meeting, the following summarizes the changes to our membership and league prices for this season:
Annual Membership Dues for all membership types have increased by $10.
- General Members: $120
- Novice (1st or 2nd year curlers): $80
- Junior U21 (16-20 years old) : $60
- Junior U16 (under 16 years old): $40
- Social Members (no curling or subbing privileges): $50
League prices for your first league have not changed. The discounted price for each additional league has increased by $10.
Payment plans are available for those with financial hardship. Please contact email@example.com to make arrangements. NOTE: To ensure your registration priority, payment arrangements MUST be made by the Priority Registration Deadline.
If you have any registration related issues or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our friendly representatives will be happy to assist you.
NEW! This year we also will have in-person registration assistance available at the club on Saturday, September 10th from 10am-1pm. If you need personal help with online registration, or are a last-minute procrastinator who needs to drop off a payment check before the priority deadline, this is your opportunity!
We look forward to seeing you on the ice this season!