Granite Curling Club is a non-profit and we are always excited to share the love of curling with our community. Curling is a great way to build team camaraderie and have a whole lot of fun. We provide specialty equipment and experienced instructors, for your events!
Curling is a lifetime sport and the Granite Curling Club has active members as young as 7 and as old as 90! We have several adaptive methods that allow those of any physical ability to participate. Curling is for everyone!
- You may book rentals up to 120 days in advance.
- We unfortunately cannot accommodate rental requests less than 14 days out.
- Spaces that are already full or outside the booking period will not appear in the calendar on the booking page.
- Your reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of your non-refundable down payment, you will receive an automated confirmation.
- If you have any special timing needs or requests, please drop us an email! While we do have limitations on when we're able to welcome groups to our club, we would love to try to find a specialized plan that would work for you!
3.5 hours of instruction and gameplay
1 experienced instructor per sheet
PLEASE NOTE NEW PRICING EFFECTIVE February 19
All bookings made prior to February 19, 2024 will maintain the pricing under which it was booked.
$500 per sheet
- 1-8 attendees (1 sheet) - $500
- 9-16 attendees (2 sheets) - $1000
- 17-24 attendees (3 sheets) - $1500
- 25-32 attendees (4 sheets) - $2000
- 33-40 attendees (5 sheets) - $2500
1.5 hours of instruction and gameplay
1 experienced instructor per sheet
1-4 Participants - $250
Curling is the BEST gift anyone can give! Gift certificates offer flexibility in scheduling and are a great way to show you care. Purchase a gift certificate here to show them you're an amazing gift giver!
All curlers are required to sign a Waiver before going onto the ice.
Curlers under 18 years of age must also sign a Waiver and Junior Concussion Form, before going on the ice. If a parent or guardian is not attending, both waivers must be printed and signed and sent with the junior curler.
What to Wear
- Carry in a pair of shoes with clean, flat, rubber soles with no metal hooks or anything that may scratch the ice (clean tennis shoes are ideal). NO heels, flip flops, boots, or sandals.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. It is difficult to curl in tight jeans.
- Dress in layers with a light jacket, sweater, or sweatshirt. Initially, it will be chilly on the ice, but you can get quite warm once you start playing. The air temperature is usually between 40 and 42 degrees.
- A hat and gloves may be appropriate if you chill easily.
- We strongly recommend that all individuals wear head protection.
We do our very best to instruct everyone how to curl safely, but ice is slippery and accidents can and do happen. We encourage everyone to wear head protection, and it is required for any participant under the age of 14. Examples of acceptable head protection include:
- Impact head guards
- Properly fitting bicycle, skateboard, ski, snowboard, or hockey helmets
There are others which can also work, and the Group Events Coordinator will have the discretion to approve or reject adequacy of head protection. Please contact the Group Events Coordinator with any questions.
- Curlers under 18 years of age must have a waiver and Junior Concussion Form signed by a parent or guardian before going on the ice.
- All participants 14 years of age and younger are required to bring and wear a helmet while on the ice. Please see the section on appropriate head protection above.
- An adult supervisor from the group must accompany youth under 14 on the ice at all times.
- Groups comprised of 4+ children under 14 must have a non-curling adult from the group on the ice at all times for supervisory purposes.
For children who fall in love with curling, please consider joining our Junior Learn to Curl program.
- Children under 7 are not allowed on the ice or in the ice area.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are you located?
- What can I expect during the event?
- What is your reservation policy?
- What if more or fewer people show up than we planned?
- When is the club available for an event?
- Does this include food or drink?
- Are there tables and chairs?
- How do I learn more about curling?
- I have a question that wasn't answered above!
Where are you located?
Our street address is: 1440 North 128th Street, Seattle, WA 98133
Our Map & Directions page has full information.
What can I expect during the event?
For our Group Events that are 3.5 hours long. We find this is enough time to learn how to curl and to curl a minimum of a partial game, many groups complete a full game, with some time allowed for breaks. We recommend showing up 15 minutes before your event's start time. This will allow you enough time to check in with our host and get fitted with equipment. Most events follow this approximate blueprint:
15 minutes – Arrive at Granite Curling Club, check in with the host, get fitted with grippers and a knee pad
15 minutes – Welcome from Club, education, safety talk
45 minutes – On-ice instruction
45 minutes – Gameplay
15 minutes – Broomstacking / Break
60 minutes – Gameplay
15 minutes – Return equipment, gather personal items and disembark
Private Events follow this schedule in an abbreviated form without a broomstack/break:
10 minutes – Arrive at Granite Curling Club, check in with the host, get fitted with grippers and a knee pad
10 minutes – Welcome from Club, education, safety talk
20 minutes – On-ice instruction
45 minutes – Gameplay
5 minutes – Return equipment, gather personal items and disembark
What is your reservation policy?
Cancellations or Modifications
Your payment includes a non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit of $250 per reserved sheet. This is 50% of the sheet cost for Group Events, and 100% of the sheet cost for Small Group Lessons.
Up to 14 days in advance of the rental date:
- Cancellations – Group events can be self-cancelled through our booking system. $250 of your payment is non-refundable, but the entire amount can be used toward a new date within the same season, we do not allow credit to carry over to the next season.
- Rescheduled Events – Group events and Small Group Lessons can be rescheduled through our booking system. The existing payment can be used toward the new event booking. Payment is considered to be forfeit if the event is not rescheduled to occur before the end of the season, and is up to the client to determine an available date. A curling season runs from September - June.
- Additional Sheets – Sheets can be added to any existing reservation through our booking system, pending availability.
- Sheet Reductions - Sheet reductions may also be made but will incur a $100 reduction fee.
For any changes needed less than 14 calendar days in advance, the $250 deposit is completely non-refundable and non-transferrable. For reductions or cancellations less than 7 calendar days in advance, the entire payment is non-refundable and non-transferable, due to staffing already in place. Please send us an email for late changes.
What if more or fewer people show up than we planned?
You are charged a flat rate for your reserved group event or lesson. If fewer people than expected show up, your rate cannot be adjusted, as staff are already in place.
For those just watching and not curling, there is a charge $30 for each non-curling spectator above your per sheet count, calculated at checkout.
To keep everyone on the ice safe, we do ask that everyone be on-time. For late arrivals, we will do our best to get the basics covered again, but you might miss out on some of the fun! To make sure we have enough resources to get everyone safely curling, we aren't able to allow "swapping" of players during the rental. Curlers beyond 8 per sheet are considered spectators and can hopefully join us next time!
When is the club available for an event?
During the time our ice is in from mid-September through June, we reserve the following times for group events. These times are not flexible as they are scheduled around ice maintenance, competitive practice ice, and club member leagues.
- Typically weekdays from 10:00 am-1:30 pm, excluding Thursdays. You can see a list of all available dates on our booking page.
- An extremely limited number of Saturday afternoons and evenings. These events are typically 2:00-5:30 pm or 6:00-9:30 pm. Availability is limited due to high demand and other events at the club, please check the booking system for the latest availability!
- There may be extended times offered during holiday weeks.
Does this include food or drink?
We are not able to provide any catering or bar service for group events at this time.
Your rental includes a large table with ample seating upstairs in our spectator area called the “warm room.” During your event, you have full access to this area, and there is plenty of room for food or drink.
The group event time is a 3.5-hour event on the ice, with a 15-minute break built in to warm up and have a hearty snack. Unfortunately, we cannot extend the ice time past the rental period. However, if you’d like to have a longer break in that 3.5-hour time block and enjoy a meal during your event, please just let the host know.
We are also pleased to offer our warm room to be rented after your event for $100/hour. This is a great way to relax and enjoy some laughs with your group!
If you would like to bring alcoholic beverages, you must purchase a Banquet Permit from the State Liquor Control Board. Please let us know before your event if you will be purchasing one and bring your signed permit with you to display inside the curling club. Alcoholic beverages are only permitted in the 2nd level club area. Please use extreme caution any time you consume alcohol before or during the event, the ice is quite slippery, and we recommend alcohol be consumed after your event.
Purchase a Banquet Permit here.
Are there tables and chairs?
Yes. Each sheet rental comes with a large table that seats up to 8 in the 2nd level club area. Additional tables and chairs can be set up to accommodate additional attendees or catering with advance notice.
How do I learn more about curling?
- Check us out on King 5!
- This is a great 2-minute curling explanation
- Sweeping and the physics of curling
- How curling stones are made
- Full curling game in under 5 Minutes
I have a question that wasn't answered above!
Group events at Granite Curling Club are very popular and we welcome you to our club to learn the sport. Due to club hours, email is the fastest way to contact the Group Events Team at email@example.com. We will respond promptly and provide any help needed regarding your curling experience!
We look forward to hosting your next outing for a great time on the ice. Good curling!