Book your Group Event Today!
Curling is a great way to build team camaraderie and have a whole lot of fun. For all ages and abilities, curling is the most accessible Winter Olympic sport. We provide specialty equipment and experienced instructors, for your events ranging from 2 - 40 participants!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of event is right for me?
- How do I book an event?
- Can I buy a gift certificate?
- Is there a waiver to sign?
- How many sheets of ice do we need?
- What does the rental cost include?
- Are there any additional fees or extra expenditures?
- What is the policy on cancellations, postponements, and changes to events?
- What if more or fewer people show up than we planned?
- What can I expect during the event?
- When is the club available for an event?
- What should people wear?
- Who can curl?
- Are there any age limits? Can kids or teens curl?
- Do you provide catering or bar service?
- Are there tables and chairs?
- What is the address of the curling club?
- Are there any special COVID requirements?
- How do I learn more about curling?
- I have a question that wasn't answered above!
What type of event is right for me?
Here is a simple comparison of our different events:
Up to 8 Participants
3.5 hours of instruction and gameplay
1 experienced instructor per sheet
1.5 hours of instruction and gameplay
1 experienced instructor per sheet
How do I book an event?
You may book rentals up to 120 days in advance, we do not allow booking rentals less than two weeks in advance.
If your date is available, you will be able to make your reservation online. Your reservation will be confirmed when you pay the down payment on your rental via our booking system, you will receive an automated confirmation from our booking system with your rental information.
Please be aware that we are currently receiving an extremely high volume of rental requests at this time, you may have to look out 3 months in advance for a group event rental.
Back to Top
Can I buy a gift certificate?
Absolutely! Curling is the BEST gift anyone can give! Gift certificates offer flexibility in scheduling and are a great way to show you care. And that you're an amazing gift giver.
Is there a waiver to sign?
All curlers are required to sign a waiver before going on the ice. Waivers can be filled out ahead of time here.
Paper waivers can be provided at the club, or you can download the waiver, print and sign it, and bring it with you.
Curlers under 18 years of age must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian, as well as a Junior Concussion Form, before going on the ice. If a parent isn't coming to the event, both waivers can be provided to your group by email. Print, sign, and send them to Granite Curling Club with the junior curler.
How many sheets of ice do we need?
A game of curling is normally 4 versus 4, or 8 curlers per sheet, and we have 5 sheets to play on. In our group events, we gladly allow teams of 3 to 4 players on the ice and will put together suitable games to accommodate the number of curlers you have. The maximum number of players on the ice is 8 per sheet, or 40 curlers total at any one time playing or learning.
We are now offering Private Lessons for 1-4 curlers with 1 versus 1 or 2 versus 2 gameplay, this is what we would consider doubles curling. The maximum number of curlers for a Private Lesson is 4 people on the ice per sheet.
Group Event Rates - 3.5 hours (subject to change):
- 1 - 8 attendees: 1 sheet and 1 instructor - $500
- 9 - 16 attendees: 2 sheets and 2 instructors - $950
- 17 - 24 attendees: 3 sheets and 3 instructors - $1350
- 25 - 32 attendees: 4 sheets and 4 instructors - $1750
- 33 - 40 attendees: 5 sheets and 5 instructors - $2100
Private Lessons - 90 minutes (subject to change):
If you are interested in a Private Lesson package for 4 or more sessions please email email@example.com for more information.
For safety and entertainment purposes we limit the number of curlers to 8 per sheet for a Group Event and 4 people per sheet for a Private Lesson. Please let the Group Events Coordinator know how many will be attending so we can find the best way to accommodate everyone in your group.
In order to reserve space for your Group Event, a non-refundable Non-transferrable deposit of $250 per reserved sheet is required at the time of reservation confirmation. To reserve your space for a Private Lesson a non-refundable Non-transferrable deposit of $125 per reserved sheet is required at the time of reservation confirmation. The down payment goes towards the full rental rate listed above. Your final payment will be due on your event date at the conclusion of your event and will be taken care of by your event host. Please note that events paid after this time will incur a 25% fee that will be added to the final invoice.
Please be advised of our cancellation/sheet reduction policy as outlined below and on your event agreement form.
What does the rental cost include?
The Group Event rental cost includes the use of the ice and facilities and, COVID restrictions permitting, the assignment of 1 round table upstairs for each sheet rented for up to 3.5 hours. You will have access to the club 15 minutes before your event and a half-hour after your event to allow for cleanup. Each sheet of ice rented includes 3.5 hours of ice time and an instructor.
The Private Lesson rental cost includes the use of the ice and facilities and, COVID restrictions permitting, the assignment of 1 round table upstairs for each sheet rented for up to 1.5 hours.
We provide all equipment, such as brooms, rocks, rubber shoe grippers, knee pads, and everything else that is needed to curl. Your event also includes experienced professional instructors from the Granite Curling Club who teach your group how to curl. One instructor per sheet is provided with your rental, you may request an additional instructor for a $100 fee.
Are there any additional fees or extra expenditures?
Each group has the option to add a gratuity for their instructor(s) at the end of the event. This is greatly appreciated and allows us to retain top-level instructors to make your curling event an unforgettable experience.
Our 2nd level club lounge is available to rent before or after your event at a rate of $100 per hour. Wi-Fi, a projector/screen, and our full kitchen and serving areas are available for use.
If you wish to have spectators attend your event you will be charged a $30 fee per person. Please consult the Group Events Coordinator if your group will include non-curlers.
What is the policy on cancellations, postponements, and changes to events?
Up to 14 days in advance of the rental date:
• Cancellations – Group events can be self-cancelled through our booking system. The deposit is non-refundable but can be used toward a new date within the same season, we do not allow deposits to carry over to the next season.
• Rescheduled Events – Group events and Private Lessons can be rescheduled through our booking system. The existing deposit can be used toward the new event booking.
• Additional Sheets – Sheets can be added to any existing reservation through our booking system, pending availability.
• Sheet Reductions - Sheet reductions may also be made but will incur a $100 reduction fee. The remainder of the deposit can be used toward the final invoice amount.
For any changes needed less than 14 calendar days in advance, the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferrable. For reductions or cancellations less than 10 calendar days in advance, the full cost of the sheet will be charged, due to staffing already in place. Please send us an email for late changes.
What if more or fewer people show up than we planned?
You are charged a flat rate per sheet reserved for your group event, with a maximum of 8 curlers per sheet for Group Events and 4 curlers per sheet for Private lessons. If you have fewer curlers than planned you will still be charged the same flat rate. Based on our sheet guidelines, it is your responsibility to reserve the appropriate number of sheets.
With approval from the Group Events Coordinator, you may have a limited number of non-curling spectators. You will be charged a fee of $30 for each non-curling spectator in your group.
Training is required for all curlers and is done with all curlers at the same time on the sheet. Late arrivals are strongly discouraged, and may not get a chance to curl. There is no "swapping in and out" during the training to save money on the number of sheets needed.
What can I expect during the event?
For our Group Events that are 3.5 hours long. We find this is enough time to learn how to curl and to curl a minimum of a partial game, many groups complete a full game, with some time allowed for breaks. We recommend showing up 15 minutes before your event's start time. This will allow you enough time to check in with our host and get fitted with equipment. Most events follow this approximate blueprint:
15 minutes – Arrive at Granite Curling Club, check in with the host, get fitted with grippers and a knee pad
15 minutes – Welcome from Club, education, safety talk
45 minutes – On-ice instruction
45 minutes – Gameplay
15 minutes – Broomstacking / Break
60 minutes – Gameplay
15 minutes – Return equipment, gather personal items and disembark
Private Events follow this schedule in an abbreviated form without a broomstack/break:
10 minutes – Arrive at Granite Curling Club, check in with the host, get fitted with grippers and a knee pad
10 minutes – Welcome from Club, education, safety talk
20 minutes – On-ice instruction
45 minutes – Gameplay
5 minutes – Return equipment, gather personal items and disembark
When is the club available for an event?
During the time our ice is in from mid-September through June, we reserve the following times for group events. These times are not flexible as they are scheduled around ice maintenance, competitive practice ice, and club member leagues.
- Typically weekdays from 10:00 am-1:30 pm, excluding Thursdays. You can see a list of all available dates on our booking page.
- An extremely limited number of Saturday afternoons and evenings. These events take place from roughly 1:00-5:00 pm or 6:00-10:00 pm. Time variations occur frequently due to other events at GCC, please check the booking system to find the time and date that is right for your event.
- There may be extended times offered during the holiday weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
What should people wear?
- Wear or bring a pair of shoes with clean, flat, rubber soles with no metal hooks or anything that may scratch the ice (clean tennis shoes are ideal). NO heels, flip flops, boots, or sandals.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. It is difficult to curl in tight jeans.
- Dress in layers with a light jacket, sweater, or sweatshirt. Initially, it will be chilly on the ice, but you can get quite warm once you start playing. The air temperature is usually between 40 and 42 degrees.
- A hat and gloves may be appropriate if you chill easily.
- We strongly recommend that all individuals wear head protection. You can learn more about head gear, shoes, and other curling equipment in our Equipment Guide for New Members.
Who can curl?
Anyone and everyone can curl! Curling is a lifetime sport and the Granite Curling Club has active members as young as 7 and as old as 90! For our younger curlers who may have difficulty throwing a full-size rock the full length of a sheet of ice, we have lighter rocks and nearer targets. We also have several adaptive methods that allow those of any physical ability to participate.
Are there any age limits? Can kids or teens curl?
Children must be at least 7 years old to curl. Children under 14 are required to wear a properly fitting helmet. GCC does not provide helmets, so each child must bring their own. Bicycle, ski, skate, skateboard, and hockey helmets are examples of acceptable options. Your event host will have the discretion to approve or reject the adequacy of head protection. For events that include children, there must be at least one on-ice adult PER SHEET from your group (not including the instructor). Accompanying adults are completely responsible for all children at all times.
Do you provide catering or bar service?
The Curling Club does not provide any catering or bar service. If you would like to share a meal and some laughs after your event, you can bring in or get meals delivered and rent some additional warm room time for after your event. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate a longer meal time in the middle of your event, as the on-ice time cannot be adjusted.
If you would like to bring alcoholic beverages, you must purchase a Banquet Permit from the State Liquor Control Board. Please note you will need to print, sign, and bring the permit with you to display inside the curling club. Alcoholic beverages are only permitted in the 2nd level club area.
Purchase a Banquet Permit here.
Are there tables and chairs?
Yes. There are five round tables and chairs that seat up to 32 people set up in the 2nd level club area. Additional tables and chairs can be set up to accommodate additional attendees or catering.
What is the address of the curling club?
Our street address is: 1440 North 128th Street, Seattle, WA 98133
Our Map & Directions page has full information.
Are there any special COVID requirements?
Not at this time.
How do I learn more about curling?
I have a question that wasn't answered above!
Group events at Granite Curling Club are very popular and we welcome you to our club to learn the sport. The best way to get questions answered is to email the Group Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, there are times when the club is closed, and making contact by phone will be delayed. We will make every effort to respond to your email promptly to address any additional questions or issues regarding your special curling experience! The coordinator will work with you if an alternate means of communication is necessary.
We look forward to hosting your next outing for a great time on the ice. Good curling!