The 15th Annual 5 & Under Bonspiel
January 30-31, 2016
Registration for the 15th Annual 5 & Under Bonspiel is now open. Exclusively for Granite members that have curled five years or less, this unique event always fills up quickly, so please register and pay your fees ASAP.
- The entry fee is $50.00 per person.
- Payment may be made online via the GCC website, or by check (payable to GCC and labeled 5 & Under Spiel) placed in the GCC office mail slot.
What Is Included
- Four games guaranteed (actually eight 4-end games, see below).
- You will not go home hungry during this spiel! Lunch on Saturday and Sunday, and catered dinner on Saturday night, are included with your registration fee. Saturday dinner for non-participants is $15, and advance notice is required.
- The Juniors will be hosting a fundraiser breakfast on Sunday morning.
- One free pitcher for every team. And a chance to win more free pitchers while playing on Saturday.
- Start time is 8:30am Saturday and the bonspiel will be over by 1pm Sunday.
- All teams will be scheduled for games on Saturday evening after dinner.
- All participants should expect to be at the club all day Saturday and through 1pm on Sunday.
Eligibility, Sign up, & Teams
- Eligible participants are Granite Curling Club members who are in their 5th full season or less. This includes any years curling at other clubs. If you are in your 6th (or later) curling season, you are no longer eligible. If your first season started with GCC Spring Leagues, do not count that season in your total. Junior curlers only count the years that they have curled in adult leagues.
- Entries will be limited to the first 60 individuals who register online and pay the fee by January 10th. Spares/standbys are encouraged to sign up even if the bonspiel appears to be full, since cancellations do occur.
- You must register through the Club website AND pay the fee for your registration to be complete.
- This is an individual entry competition and the bonspiel organizer will form the teams. Please include details about your years of experience and regular league nights when you register.
- For planning purposes, assume that you will not be curling with a spouse or significant other on the same team.
- The sign-up deadline is January 10th and your entry fee must be received by this date.
- Each team will curl four 4-end games, rotating positions for each game, to determine team ranking in three pools.
- The teams in each of the three pools will then curl another four 4-end games to reach the prizes.
Please contact the bonspiel organizer, Chris Rimple, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.