If you have ever wanted to try curling, you have come to the right place. The Granite Curling Club schedules Learn to Curl (LTC) sessions throughout the year so you can try curling for yourself!
- Get instruction on the basics of curling and play a short game
- Sessions typically last around 90 minutes
- Please read through our COVID-19 Policy before registering.
- Code of Conduct
Book your Learn to Curl today!
$35 per adult, and $20 for children under 18; includes a non-refundable $10 deposit when booking. We do not offer a group discount for Learn to Curls.
Please read through our COVID-19 Policy before registering.
All curling participants are required to fill out a waiver. A link to the online waiver will be sent along with the booking confirmation and reminder emails.
Be on Time
Please make sure your entire group is at the club 15 minutes before your reservation time to fill out waivers and clean shoes. Any attendee more than 15 minutes late (from session start time) will be considered a "no-show" and may have their spot given to a walk-in.
What to Wear
- Carry in a pair of shoes with clean, flat, rubber soles with no metal hooks or anything that may scratch the ice (clean tennis shoes are ideal). NO heels, flip flops, boots, or sandals.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. It is difficult to curl in tight jeans.
- Dress in layers with a light jacket, sweater, or sweatshirt. Initially, it will be chilly on the ice, but you can get quite warm once you start playing. The air temperature is usually between 40 and 42 degrees.
- A hat and gloves may be appropriate if you chill easily.
- We strongly recommend that all individuals wear head protection.
We do our very best to instruct everyone how to curl safely, but ice is slippery and accidents can and do happen. We encourage everyone to wear head protection. Examples of acceptable head protection include:
- Impact head guards
- Properly fitting bicycle, skateboard, ski, snowboard, or hockey helmets
There are others which can also work, and the event coordinator will have the discretion to approve or reject adequacy of head protection. Please contact the Learn to Curl Coordinator with any questions.
Please consider our Junior Learn to Curl program.
- Curlers under 18 years of age must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian before going on the ice.
- If a parent or guardian will not be present at the event, you can download the waiver, print and sign it, and send it with the child.
- All participants 13 years of age and younger are required to bring and wear a helmet while on the ice. Please see the section on appropriate head protection above.
- An adult should accompany children under 14 on the ice at all times.
- Children under 7 are not allowed on the ice.
Still have questions?
See the Learn to Curl FAQ for more information.