The organizer would like to take this opportunity to thank our sponsors. We are greatly appreciative of the Granite Curling Club and their exceptional Ice Crew for providing the ice and facility for this event. In addition, we wish to thank the Sunday Open and Sunday Mixed leagues for providing us with ice time to complete our event.
Competitors and club members: Please note that the Sunday Mixed League is looking to you to join their league. As a former member of this league, the author of this note has nothing but compliments to make in regards to the league and the format. This is a great league for expanding upon your competitive interests or for simple enjoyment of the game in another format.
Rules of Play
- USCA rules of play govern play unless noted below.
- Games are 8 ends with extra ends played as necessary. Practice time and rock color are on the draw schedule.
- First practice begins 30 minutes prior to the scheduled draw time. Second practice begins 20 minutes prior to the scheduled draw time. Practice is 8 minutes of delivery and sweeping.
- At the conclusion of each team's pre-game practice, different players deliver two stones to the tee at the home end -- one stone with a clockwise and the other with a counter-clockwise rotation. Sweeping is allowed. A member of the oppossing team measures the distance between the stone and the tee in inches. The first stone will be measured and removed from play before the second stone is delivered. The distances recorded for each stone added together gives the team its LSD total for that game. The team with the lesser LSD total has the choice of delivering the first or second stone in the first end of that game. If the LSD totals for both teams are the same, a coin toss decides which team has the choice of delivering the first or second stone in the first end. Any two team members may throw the LSD per game.
- Teams not available for practice receive an LSD of 73+73=146 (inches).
- Please post scores promptly after each end - including the final end.