Voting is now open to elect new GCC Board of Trustees members! Vying for the four (4) open Board positions, we have 11 fantastic candidates (in alphabetical order by last name):
• Charlie Anthe
• Dominic Arico (currently serving as Board Trustee and GCC Treasurer)
• Will Dimmit
• Emily Good
• MacAllan Guy
• Kathy Justice
• Kara McBroom
• Scott McLean
• Jeff Pearson
• Bryan Pittard
• Jessica Schultz (currently serving as interim Board Trustee for Membership and Volunteers)
This coming season will be unusual to say the least. In addition to the more routine Board roles, the new Board will need to:
• continually re-evaluate the closure in light of public health regulations
• keep current members engaged throughout the closure
• identify and enforce COVID-19 related policies when the club reopens
• convince the public that its safe to attend open houses and do rentals
• create an inclusive environment where all members and guests know they are sincerely welcome
• reverse the negative financial impact of the closure
• strengthen GCC's long-term resilience to future COVID-19 and other unforeseen issues
On Tuesday evening, statements from the candidates will be shared with you. This "voting guide" will provide each candidate's perspectives on how GCC should proceed in the future, as well as what they will offer to the Board.
When you're ready to vote, just click the button below to go to the Board voting page. You will need to log-in using your GCC web site user name and password. You also have the option of changing your vote up until the election closes.
All General Members for the 2019-2020 season can vote. Juniors and Associate Members, on the other hand, are not eligible.
Voting closes at 8 pm PDT next week Thursday, about half-way into our AGM. The final results will then be tabulated and your newest GCC Board of Trustee members will be announced before the AGM ends.
Have any questions about the voting process? Please send them to the entire GCC Board at email@example.com so they can be addressed right away.
Let the 2020 Board Elections begin!!
President, Granite Curling Club
Pronouns: he, him, his