Rules of Play
The USWCA Rules are the Governing Rules for all USWCA
sanctioned events. All games shall be played under the USCA Rules of Play
(Section 1) with USWCA exceptions. It is
incumbent upon each team member to be thoroughly familiar with the rules. Any questions should be brought to the
attention of the Chief Umpire Joe Roberts or his assistants.
The rules include:
● All teams must start with a complete 4-person team. The
order of play must be defined at least 30 minutes prior to the draw, and may be
changed only after a loss or if utilizing a substitute.
● All games shall be 10 ends in duration. Each team will have
38 minutes of thinking time to complete their portion of each 10-end game.
There will be no team time-outs or breaks other than the standard
1-minute between ends. Teams do not need
to wait for the entire 1-minute to elapse and may start the next end when
● In the event of a tie score at the completion of 10 ends, a
full, extra end (or ends) shall be played until a winner is determined. Each team
will receive 4 minutes and 30 seconds of thinking time for each extra end.
● A game is completed when one team is mathematically
eliminated (i.e. fewer stones remain than are needed to tie or win). A game is
forfeited by a team whose time expires.
● Vice Skips are responsible for posting the score. An
umpire will perform any measurements that are not
clear to both players (one from each team) in charge of the house.
● If it comes to the attention of the Chief Umpire that the ice is being damaged by a player, in any way, the
problem will be corrected immediately.
● If a player is unable to finish a game, the team may play
with three players or request a sub. The sub must play the position of the
missing player if the substitution is mid-game.
● The Five Rock Free Guard Rule is in effect for all games.
competition approved brooms will not be required for this event. Any reasonable broom approved for league play
will be permitted.
of delivery stick is permitted, subject to USCA Rule R10(e), which stipulates
that the delivery stick must be used the entire game and and
the stone must be released from the stick before it reaches the hog line.