Granite Curling Club of Seattle
February 25-28, 2011 - Completed
Doug Potter 2011 Feb 26
|Mike Calcagno, Miyo Konno, Peter Sommer, Christina Pastula|
|Record: 4-2 - A Winner|
|Won Friday 8:00 pm - Game A2|
|Won Saturday 9:00 am - Game A7|
|Won Sunday 9:00 am - Game A8|
- Mike draws the four against four rocks
- Brady draws against 4
- hit and stay
- wide on come-around tap
- runs out of rocks on a cross house double
|Won Sunday 2:00 pm - Game B7|
- sticks instead of rolling out
- hit and roll in cuts Calcagno down to one
- Skinny off his rock on the edge to take 2
- Freezes two near the button that Mike can't take out.
- Mike doubles on his first shot to remove all reds
|Lost Monday 9:00 am - Game B8|
- Mike hits one but rolls out leaving one
- Brady guards a clutch of rocks, Mike wrecks on it. Open draw for 4.
- Brady doubles out two blue to lie six. Mike draws with a rock that reverses turn. Measure goes to blue.
- tap almost rolls too far
- Cristin doubles. Miyo is a bit light on the draw and bites the house. Brady flashes on the outside. Mike takes out and stays. Brady jams on the double try. Mike nose hits for two.
- Mike's first is a little narrow and singles instead of doubles - leaving one red near the button. Brady's a touch wide and jams putting his own at #3. Mike's also wide and jams so that red rolls to #2. Brady draws for three.
- Mike looks at 3, comes light on freeze to the one covering the button. Brady picks it out. Mike comes narrow, hits the top one and rolls out.
|Lost Monday 2:00 pm - Game F|
- Red well hidden. Mike draws but ticks into the open. Brady draws another in. Mike comes wide and hits another rock.
- Trading takouts until Mike has to draw against two.
- Mike comes around for a freeze and shot on red. Brady ticks but rolls off. Mike's guard comes around the existing guard to make it tougher. Brady is close to removing it with an out and in, but ...
- Trade rocks behind cover. Brady ticks on the guard. Mike draws another in. Brady is just a touch wide.
- Pete triples. Brady ticks on his draw giving Mike an open draw for three.
- Cristin makes a great run back takeout to replace blue in front of the button and lie 2 but removes a guard on her second shot to open it up a bit. Mike crashes on the guard. Brady taps to lie 3. Mike doubles and rolls over. Brady draws.
- Cristin freezes onto a blue near the button. Miyo draws the button to lie 2. Brady takes one out on the double attempt. Mike runs the guard into his own stone leaving two red. Brady draws top of the four to lie three. Mike comes narrow but wicks onto another red to take one.
- Cristin flashes on a hit and roll. Mike raises but angles out into the open. Brady freezes on it. Mike outside freezes but red still lies one. Brady draws.
- Cristin draws in a third stone. Miyo hits one and rolls out. Cristin guards right in front of the twelve. Miyo tries to runback double, but hits straight on, red still two. Brady guards higher. Mike's raise ticks the outer red and rolls outside. Brady comes through the port and freezes on his top stone leaving Mike a draw to the back rock. Mike ticks on the guard.